November marks National Healthy Skin Month – PlatformQ Health is pleased to support the awareness and empowerment of patients and caregivers following the sun exposure of summer, and entering into the drying effects of winter, by providing them with scientifically-backed educational programming. PlatformQ Health recently partnered with The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of American (AAFA) to create a special session, called Eczema: A Potential Lifetime of Itch, exploring:
- What causes eczema in the human body
- What types of medicines and lifestyle habits can help manage eczema
- How to communicate with health care professionals, and participate in treatment decisions
- Social and financial burdens that can accompany eczema, and how to address them
- Other conditions that often come along with eczema
Panelists for this program included:
- Peter Lio, MD, of Medical Dermatology Associates of Chicago, and a clinical assistant professor of dermatology and pediatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Lidia Pomaville, PA-C, a certified physician assistant specializing in medical and cosmetic dermatology with more than 16 years of health care experience.
- Sanaz Eftekhari, the director of corporate affairs at the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).